• Wear it as a baselayer under any regular garment or on it's own thanks the AAA certification level
• Ultra lightweight and invisible under your clothes, so you can ride in your own style
• Maximum CE level AAA (120km/h) rating according to EN17092-2:2020
• Full Dyneema® x Bowtex® fabric coverage for maximum protection, breathability and comfort
• Reinforced seams all around, surpassing the CE certification requirement by a factor of 2. Our strongest seams ever
• The thermo-conductive Dyneema® x Bowtex® fibers are in direct contact with the skin for that famous cold and soft feel
• Integrated belt loops allowing you to attach it to your jeans or pants
• The asymmetrical cut provides a longer back coverage to get you fully covered in riding position
• SAS-TEC level 2 protectors elbow & shoulder included. Optional back (level 1 or 2) & chest (level 1)
• Deep black color fabric that does not fade over time and is very resistant to UV’s
• Unique Dyneema® fabric developed by Bowtex® and made in Germany
• All components and assembly 100% made in Europe
Our shirt are designed to be worn close to skin like a baselayer, choose your regular t-shirt size.
XS –> 35-36
S –> 37-38
M –> 39-40
L –> 41-42
XL –> 43-44
XXL –> 45-46
- the new CE EN17092 helps motorcyclists know the real resistance of an equipment... and not choose something because it looks and feels strong!
- an independent lab test against IMPACT & ABRASION not only the fabric BUT ALSO all the seam at different speed.
- it has 5 levels of resistance:
- AAA (120km/h)
- AA (70km/h)
- A (45km/h)
- B (45km/h with no impact protectors)
- C (protectors but no abrasion resistance (armored motocross shorts, etc.))
Want to know more? Take a look at our Technologies page.
We prototyped the Elite baselayer for two years and give them to journalists. The first prototypes had two pockets, then one... and we finally removed them all. Why? Because most riders use the shirt as a baselayer, meaning they will ride with their favorite sweater, down jacket, Gore-Tex Shell on top which had all their own pocket. In the heat of summer, we became huge fan of riding with a white MX like jersey (that reflects the heat) and make the need of a pocket... useless too.
Level 1 = you ride in town, truly invisible and flexible
Level 2 = maximum protection, still ultra light and flexible, just 10mm thicker
The original trusted by riders since 2015.
Best for Autumn/Winter
An evolution of the classic Essential, much cooler on the skin thanks to Dyneema/Spandex fabric. The most lightweight and flexible baselayers we ever made!
Best for spring / summer
It’s the versatile piece made for adventures. More bulky than the classic Essential.
Best for spring / summer
Extremely strong and yet incredibly light and breathable compared to any CE AAA rated gear!
Best for all seasons
MAKE THE BEST GEAR POSSIBLE
We want to build strong and durable gear that is lightweight, flexible, breathable and yet extremely resistant.
Unlike most traditional manufacturers, we use high end technical fibers and fabrics, such as Dyneema® and DuPont™ Kevlar®) that allow us to achieve this goal, breaking the codes of conventional motorcycle protective gear.
MAKE IT LOCAL
Bowtex is based in Brussels, Belgium. Our top priority from the inception of the company was to work with partners located as close to us as possible. In this way, we create strong, long lasting relationships with our suppliers and have more control on the quality of each component. This also helps reduce CO2 emissions from transportation of goods.
Stitching : Portugal
FOR RIDERS BY RIDERS
We ride motorcycles daily and are therefore facing the same constraints as our customers. This puts us in the prime seat for imagining new solutions that benefit comfort and safety and that fit our lifestyle
Learn more here.
Belgium, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany free shipping and prepaid exchange (starts at 160€)
Rest of Europe + Switzerland 9€ flat rate or 15€ depending on the country and prepaid exchange. No pre-paid exchange for Switzerland, don’t hesitate to ask us a size advise before ordering.
Iceland 20€ flat rate and prepaid exchange.
USA free shipping with USPS Priority Mail. One-time prepaid exchange shipping label (for a Priority Mail medium size box type 2).
UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, Canada shipping is automatically calculated at checkout, no exchange, no refund. Don't hesitate to ask us some advise before choosing your size: give us your height, weight, body type (athletic, skinny, normal, round) and regular T-Shirt size / trousers size.
International orders, Currency and VAT Belgium VAT (21%) is included in all orders except orders shipping to USA, UK, Australia, Switzerland, New-Zealand and Hong Kong: customs fees and VAT will be collected in the country of arrival. USA and Canada orders are processed in USD. UK orders in Pound Sterling. All other orders in Euro.
Don't feel like a Bowtex® is right for you? No problem, you can return your Bowtex® within 14 days of receipt for a full refund. The return costs are at your expense and to be made either to Belgium or to the USA. As soon as your return arrives at our warehouse, the Quality Control department will carry out the appropriate checks. Requests for exchange or refund must be received within 14 days from delivery and items must be returned in resalable condition, in their original packaging with all labels attached. The refund will be made within 14 days of receipt of the goods, the amount will be credited to the same means of payment used at the time of the order provided that the returned product is in its original condition.
When measured, Dyneema® matches its claimed strength of 35 cN/dtex while other generic HMPE fibers show significant variation, being up to 22% lower in strength! Dyneema® massively outperforms all generic HMPE in abrasion and creep lifetime comparisons.
Learn more: Learn-why-not-all-HMPE-is-the-same.pdf
Main Layer: 43% Dyneema® - 57% polyamide
Second Layer: 87% polyamide - 68% elastane